This dual sensor enables you to measure the molten metal level in a mould related to a second measuring reference point (Slab/ingot mould top/edge).
The intelligent digital laser and camera metal level sensor family from Precimeter is a high performance laser triangulation device developed specifically for its purpose. It will measure on any molten metal surface with a surface temperature below 1000˚C. The Mould edition is specifically designed for mould level measuring in a DC Slab Casting Application. This dual sensor enables you to measure the molten metal level in a mould related to a second measuring reference point (Slab/ingot mould top/edge).
- No safety measures required.
- Stable readings even in difficult environments
- Easy installation
- Compact design
The patented digital camera technology in the Precimeter sensors, results in very high sensitivity, stability and accuracy. It also makes it possible to give stable readings even when the material reflectivity changes dramatically and in harsh conditions like steam and smoke.
|Laser sensor type||Clearance distance||Measurement range||Resolution|
|CD450R300||450 mm (17.7")||300 mm (11.8")||0.074mm (0.03")|
- Light source: Laser diode 635 nm (visible red light)
- Laser power: <5mW FDA Class 3A (3R EN-60825-1-2007)
- Sampling frequency: 250 Hz
- Configuration interface: RS232C
- Power requirement: 18-32 VDC, < 1A
- Non-linearity: ±0.2% of Measurement range
- Relative humidity: 25-85% (non condensing)
- Environmental protection: IP65 (NEMA4)
- Level: 4-20 mA (optional 0-10 VDC, 0-20 mA)
- Temperature 4-20 mA (0-100°C)
- Sensor valid: 24VDC
- Laser light on/off: 24VDC
For questions and/or sales inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org